Sunday 23 December 2018

Seven predictions from 2018, did I got any of them right?

During my first post of 2018. I did a post on seven racing predictions for 2018, and the post was really a fun post on seven predictions that may happen in 2018. But the main question is did I got any right? let see:

Number 1, McLaren to finish Fourth or higher F1 Constructors' Standings in 2018.
No, McLaren only managed Sixth in the F1 Constructors' Standings in 2018. I got this prediction Wrong.



Number 2, Toyota to win the Manufacturers' WRC title in 2018.
Despite Ott Tänak missing out on WRC Drivers' title, Toyota did win the Manufacturers' WRC title in 2018, 27 points ahead of Hyundai who finished second in the standings. Meaning, I got this prediction Right.



Number 3, Aston Martin to announce an Engine partnership with Red Bull for 2021 F1 season.
Red Bull did announce they will be using Honda Power Units next two seasons, no news for 2021, it might happen in 2019. Meaning I got this prediction Wrong.



Number 4, KTM to score at least one podium in MotoGP this season.
Going into the final round of the MotoGP, there best result was multiple tenth place finishes, enter Valencia MotoGP race and lucky enough Pol Espargaró finished third in a wet race. Meaning Second prediction I got Right.



Number 5, Sauber to score at least 40 points in the F1 Constructors' Standings in 2018.
Third prediction I got Right. Sauber team scored 48 points in the F1 Constructors' Standings this season which includes Charles Leclerc scoring 39 points in his devbuting season. Resulting the team finishing in eighth in F1 Constructors' Standing this season.



Number 6, BMW to win LMGTE Pro Class at this years 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Third prediction I got Wrong. One BMW finished eleventh in class while the other M8 retire in the race, while Porsche took one-two in LMGTE Pro Class.



Number 7, Maserati to announce a return to Motorsport via Formula E for the 2020/21 Formula E season.
Fourth prediction I got Wrong. Not even close on this close on this one.



So basically I got three out of seven predictions right. More fun predictions in 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment