Thursday 21 December 2017

Five predictions from 2017, did I got any of them right?

During my first post of 2017. I did a post on five racing predictions for 2017, and the post was really a fun post on five predictions that may happen in 2017. But the main question is did I got any right? let see:

Number 1, 2017 VW Polo to race in the WRC this season.
No, we didn't see the the all new 380 bhp Volkswagen Polo R WRC in the WRC this season, as the car wasn't homologation this season. Don't expect to see it next season in the WRC, although a Polo R5 for WRC-2 spec will likely to rally with customers teams next season. I got this prediction Wrong.



Number 2, Renault to score at least 64 points in the F1 Constructors' Standings in 2017.
No, Renault only managed 57 points this season with Nico Hülkenberg and Jolyon Palmer taking multiple sixth place finishes. Meaning, I got this prediction Wrong too.



Number 3, An LMP2 team to finish in the top three positions in this seasons 24 Hours of Le Mans.
First prediction I got Right. With two LMP2 teams finishing on the main podium at Le Mans this season with both Jackie Chan DC Racing cars finished second and third place, and a change to win this years 24 Hours of Le Mans with an hour to go.



Number 4, Jorge Lorenzo to win at least four times this season on the Ducati.
No. Not even close, only one second place finish in Malaysia this season. Meanwhile team-mate Andrea Dovizioso did win six races this season in MotoGP. Meaning I got this prediction totally Wrong as-well.



Number 5, Toro Rosso to finish fourth or higher in the F1 Constructors' Standings in 2017.
Fourth prediction I got Wrong. The team finished seventh in the F1 Constructors' Standings in 2017. Nowhere close to finish fourth or higher in the F1 Constructors' Standings this season.



So basically I got one out of five predictions right. More fun predictions in 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment