Thursday 22 December 2016

Seven predictions from 2016, did I got any of them right?

During my first post of 2016. I did a post on seven racing predictions for 2016, and the post was really a fun post on seven predictions that may happen in 2016. But the main question is did I got any right? let see:

Number 1, McLaren to score at least 120 points in the F1 Constructors' Standings in 2016.
No, McLaren only managed just 76 points this season with Fernando Alonso taking best results of two fifth place finishes. I got this prediction Wrong.



Number 2, 14-0 wins for VW in the WRC this season.
No again, VW only managed nine rally wins out of thirteen rallies in the WRC this season, with both Citroen and Hyundai claiming two Rally wins each, with one cancelled. Meaning, I got this prediction Wrong too.



Number 3, Red Bull to win at least two Grand Prixs in 2016.
First prediction I got Right. Won in Spain with Max Verstappen, should have won in Monaco with Daniel Ricciardo. However, Daniel Ricciardo did win at Malaysia. Meaning Red Bull did win at least two Grand Prixs in 2016.



Number 4, Casey Stoner back in MotoGP as a Ducati wild card rider.
Not even close, rumoured as a wild card rider for Austria. And a possible replacement for the injured Andrea Iannone at Phillip Island. Tested the bike many times in 2016. But, never raced meaning I got this prediction totally Wrong as-well.



Number 5, Manor to score at least a point in Formula 1 this season.
Second prediction I got Right. A tenth place finish for Pascal Wehrlein at the Red Bull Ring gives Manor their only points of the season and eleventh place in the Constructors' standings.



Number 6, Ford to win LMGTE Pro Class at this years 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Third prediction I got Right. I must admit is prediction was very ambitious from me back in early 2016. With Olivier Pla, Stefan Mücke and Billy Johnson finishing eighteenth overall and finished first in LMGTE Pro Class ahead of the likes of Ferrari, Porsche, Corvette and Aston Martin in Ford's return to Le Mans.



Number 7, Haas to finish ninth or higher in the F1 Constructors' Standings in 2016.
Fourth prediction I got Right. A sixth place finish for the teams debut Grand Prix with Romain Grosjean in Melbourne, then a fifth place finish for Grosjean in Bahrain, 29 points in the teams debut season includes an eighth place in the constructor's standings. Meaning this prediction was very overachieving one too.



So basically I got four out of seven predictions right. More fun predictions in 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment